The small and personal residential experience is so valuable for many young people. It provides:
- The less confident with the support and personal attention to overcome their anxieties,
- The more able with the extra opportunities and details of knowledge to immerse themselves
- The less able to have repeated opportunities to understand in small groups
- The numerous practical applications that support outdoor learning
- The unique activities that create the excitement and desire to share the experience with others in public speaking.
- Repeated learning experiences that grows confidence, independence and great sense of achievement.
A time away from home in a safe and secure environment provides that first stepping stone to independent living. At Shallowford Farm the caring staff, the homely surroundings and the fireside setting encourages a sense of community and belonging.
The small and intimate environment at Shallowford encourages listening to others opinions, sharing different stories and understanding different viewpoints. This then nurtures a caring group and tolerant outlook.
Residential experiences create life-long memories, at Shallowford Farm these will be positive and life-changing.